Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wedding Jewelry 2010: Ancient-Inspired


Vintage has become a fashion trend this season especially in weddings. The key pieces to achieve this look are cameos,  pearls, rhinestones and matte-gold plated strands and locks. Many designers are inspired by Egyptian, Victorian and Old Asian cultures. As people around the globe are recovering from recession, this trend opened doors to thrifts and antique business. We have to admit, accessories are the last thing people would splurge on except for wedding bands. 
I used the old pearls my grandmother gave me  to create a multi-strand pearl necklace. I found this cameo pendant in a thrift shop which was made in the 60s. The rest of the pearls were used to create my foot necklace. 
Not only I was able to save, I was able to include my grandmother's memory and save the earth through reusing old trinkets. 
Acrylic Cameo Earrings sold at Php 30.00



No comments:

Post a Comment